Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to Score Cheap Meat at Target

This morning I was able to run out and pick up some stuff at Target. Here are some of the things I got:

What I got:
2 Reach Floss=Free
2 Wish-bone Spritzers=$1.25
1 loaf of white bread=$0.30
1.5 chicken drumsicks=$1.99
2 Scoch-Brite Scrubbers=$1.99
2 Green Works Toilet Cleaner=$1.68
1 Green Works Dish Liquid=$2.09
1 lb Beef Stew Meat=$1.85
2 18ct Stayfree pads=$2.29
1 23ct Up Diapers=$6.29

Spent=$21.81 with tax
Saved=$19.47

Now this wasn't my best shopping trip, especially because there were some items that they didn't let me use coupons on that I ended up not getting that would have been less than $0.50 (Target's coupon policy varies by cashier apparently...UGH!). My big score, however, was the meat.

Gold 'N Plump Chicken had a coupon for $1 off, which I was able to use on  drumsticks I found for $2.99, making them $1.99, and these are locally grown! However, sometimes (I believe at the end of the week) Target will add sticker coupons for $1-$3 off for meat that is about to expire - you can either use it immediately or freeze it! Today I found the Sutton and Dodge beef stew meat for $3.85 with a $1 off sticker and combined it with the $1 off Target coupon so I got a little more than 1 lb for $1.85! So print your coupons and see what kind of deals you can score!

Don't forget to check out Totally Target's weekly match-ups for all the best deals!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on the Dodge & Sutton meat. My Target store won't let me combine their peelie and a Target coupon. They say the peelie is a Target coupon and you can only use one. Boo...

    ReplyDelete

http://brittnyscreativeunfoldings.blogspot.com/2011/01/reflections-and-resolutions.html