Sunday, January 23, 2011

Double-Oven Mitt

Yesterday was my Grandma's surprise 75th Birthday Party! My Grandma is amazing, she does everything! She especially is a great baker and loves to bake, so for her birthday I decided to try out the tutorial from Smashed Peas and Carrots for a double oven mitt.

It was my first time using bias tape, and it was not easy! Something to know about my Grandma is she is also an amazing seamstress! Her and my mom even made my wedding dress! So I tried really hard on this oven mitt because I wanted it to be perfect!

Well, as much as I LOVE the fabric, the design, and the function...the bias tape did not turn out perfect. However, I don't think that mattered to my Grandma...

she loved it anyway! 

I hope to be as talented, strong, and beautiful, at 75 as my Grandma is! Happy Birthday, I love you!













handmade projects



Photobucket


giveaways

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have never seen one of these! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allie, and thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete

http://brittnyscreativeunfoldings.blogspot.com/2011/01/reflections-and-resolutions.html