Friday, July 8, 2011

Layered Fabric Flowers

So I looked at a million tutorials for how to make these. Basically you are cutting three layers of rounded edge squares and melting the edges. They have to be synthetic fabrics in order to melt and not catch on fire! I tried using a fireplace lighter on them, but it worked so much better to hold over a candle flame and let the edges melt. Then I just did a couple of stitches in the center and tied it in back. I hot glued the rhinestones in the middle. The only synthetic fabric I had was this white and turquoise, but I plan to make a million more of these in other colors for hair clips, headbands, hats, pillows and clothing clips for me or the baby! :) She is going to be very well accessorized!


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://brittnyscreativeunfoldings.blogspot.com/2011/01/reflections-and-resolutions.html