Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ground Turkey Meatloaf

After a busy and hot day last week, the last thing that I wanted to do was cook. All that I really wanted to do was order some good Chicago-style pizza...but my budget and my thighs wouldn't allow it. So after searching the internet for something to make with the ground turkey I got at Jewel buy one great one free (besides the obvious chili), I came up with my own little version of turkey meatloaf.

1 lb ground turkey

pinch of salt

2 teaspoons pepper

2ish teaspoons dried basil

3 cloves chopped garlic

1 egg

1/2 cup of milk

3/4 cups of fresh bread crumbs (the crust that I've been saving from Louie's bread)

1/2 cup of grated fresh parmesean cheese

1/4 frozen spinach

1/2 cup of BBQ sauce

I mixed everything in a bowl with my hands except for the cheese and spinach. When it was at the consistency  that felt right for a meatloaf (this was my first time so I just kinda guessed), I put it in a casserole dish and flattened it a bit. Then I added the spinach and cheese to the middle and wrapped the loaf over top to seal it into the center. I formed it into a loaf shape and spread the BBQ sauce on top. Cooked for 1 hour on 400 degrees.


I must say...it was delicious!!! So proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://brittnyscreativeunfoldings.blogspot.com/2011/01/reflections-and-resolutions.html